Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Jalaluddin Rumi

BismillahirRahmanirRahim

Jalaluddin Rumi
Look at your eyes. They are small, but see enormous things.


The Meaning of Love
Both light and shadow
are the dance of Love.
Love has no cause; it is the astrolabe of God’s secrets.
Lover and Loving are inseparable and timeless.

Although I may try to describe Love when I experience it I am speechless.
Although I may try to write about Love I am rendered helpless; my pen breaks and the paper slips away at the ineffable place where Lover, Loving and Loved are one.

Every moment is made gloriousby the light of Love.
You've no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring You.
Nothing seemed right.
What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the Ocean.
Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient.
It's no good giving my heart and my soul because you already have these.
So- I've brought you a mirror.
Look at yourself and remember me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh! Supreme Lover!
Let me leave aside my worries.
The flowers are blooming with the exultation of your Spirit.
By Allah!
I long to escape the prison of my egoand
lose myselfin the mountains and the desert.
These sad and lonely people tire me.
I long to revel in the drunken frenzy of
your loveand feel the strength of Rustam in my hands.
I'm sick of mortal kings.
I long to see your light.
With lamps in hand
the sheikhs and mullahs roam
the dark alleys of these towns
not finding what they seek.
You are the Essence of the Essence,The intoxication of Love.
I long to sing your praisesbut stand mute
with the agony of wishing in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home